Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January 27, 2009

Dear President Obama,

Recently, a letter has been drafted to be submitted to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, asking a humanitarian aid package be sent to Gaza. Although this packaged will only scratch the very surface of the problems Gaza will be facing in trying to pick up after the devastation left by Israel's offense on them, it will not only provide much needed financial assistance but will also send a strong message that America is ready for something you repeatedly promised--change.

Thus far, you have clearly kept your promises of change, and I and millions of Americans are deeply thankful to you and so excited everyday to see what you are doing. I work for a non-profit in DC and every fundraising meeting I go to focuses on two things: the bad economy and the excitement of having your administration in office. I must say that, as scary as this recession is, the joy and hope that your Presidency brings far exceeds our fears about the economy.

I believe that one of the most important changes we need to make is our actions as far as Israel/Palestine goes. You have made words of support for the Palestinian people since you've been in office, and now I ask, as someone who both voted for you and volunteered for your campaign in New Jersey, that you please support this humanitarian aid package to Gaza and anything else that will help bring some sort of assistance to the Palestinian people. I also ask, as I have before, that you make finding a fair solution to this conflict one of your top priorities, which I'm sure it probably already is, and to hold Israel accountable for any war crimes that may have occurred during this particular siege.

Thank you so much!

Sincerely,

Davina

No comments: